If you are an entrepreneur who wants to share your story with the Kalamazoo entrepreneurial ecosystem, it’s quick and easy to apply.
Applying to Present is Easy! Complete and submit the application
Next Opportunity: Wednesday, July 7, 8 a.m. Eastern Time at WMed Innovation Center
1 Million Cups is a free, nationwide program designed to educate, engage and accelerate early-stage startups. We believe in the notion that entrepreneurs can discover solutions and thrive when they collaborate over a million cups of coffee.
1 Million Cups Kalamazoo meets on the first Wednesday of every month from 8-9 a.m. Meetings are always free and open to the public.
The 1 Million Cup educational experience is designed for entrepreneurs who are leading companies through the early stages of a new venture. There are specific criteria that 1MC organizers use to select a company.
- The business model conveys intention and ability to grow. Examples of presenter qualities include:
- Using technology to scale
- Expanding by cities, state, regions, or countries (unconstrained by geography)
- Having a new, disruptive business model
- The company is less than five years old if it doesn’t have customers, or less than three years old if it does have customers. If your company is not accepted to present, please do not be offended. We hope that you will still attend 1MC and take advantage of the experiential learning that takes place every week.
Why present at 1 Million Cups?
- Prepare/conduct a better presentation.
• Receive coaching from 1MC organizers before you present.
• The ability to come back to 1MC and present your company again, six months or a year later.
• The opportunity to present in other cities that will expose you to new markets and audiences.
• Engage with and receive free advice and feedback from a diverse audience.
• The potential to receive local, regional, and/or national media coverage.
• Online access to share your presentation with friends, family, mentors, investors, educators, etc.
4717 Campus Drive
Kalamazoo, MI 49008
Meets the 1st Wednesday of the Month